Mentorship, education and coding have been the focus of my work and inspiration. In high school I co-founded a STEM camp for girls. When I discovered coding in late 2013, I started as a tech mentor for Black Girls Code in 2014. I've also worked as a Section Leader and Teaching Assistant for Dartmouth's Computer Science department and a peer tutor for Tutor Clearinghouse. I have coded projects in various languages, but my primary languages are Objective C and Swift. When I'm not doing any of those things I love to read, run, dance, or write.
Below are some of the companies and organizations I've worked for throughout the years.
iOS Engineer Full Time - Slack
Working on Messaging, Notifications and Accessibility in the Core Product department.
July 2017 - Present
Software Engineer Intern - Apple
Worked on projects for the Mac OS Accessibility team.
June 2016 - September 2016
Software Engineer Intern - Intuit
- Made over 100 contributions to the codebase through completing
various user stories to revise add features to the Mint iOS app.
- Created the notification system for weekly summary review
so users are notified and led to the summary page at the same time
every week with each user having their own notification time.
June 2015 - September 2015
Developer - Digital Arts, Leadership & Innovation Lab
- Worked as one of two primary iOS developers on the ALTR (Augmented Learning Through Recording) product.
- Developed a mobile tool that allowed students to record lectures
and tag important points in the lecture.
- Implemented Core Data to store audio clips and user data.
April 2015 - June 2015
Mobile Development Intern - Time Inc
- Developed an iOS application with Entertainment Weekly brand.
- Designed 3 prototypes and conducted usability testing in order
to develop the best iterations of the application.
June 2014 - August 2014
Student Programmer - Tiltfactor Lab
- Over 60 contributions to the Metadata games platform.
- Fixed a significant bug in the php configuration file that prevented
users to sign up for metadata games system.
- Updated documentation for the game build and content
installation so Mac developers can use the system and early
developers can follow along.
- Redesigned 3 webpages in the system so the user can input information easier.
March 2014 - October 2014